hunting link

On the tops

On the tops

Winter time

Winter time
Time for doing

Quote


'Begin doing what you want to do NOW ! We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand- and melting like a snowflake'

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ambush Foiled




.........The wind was now no more than a gentle zephyr, and sun had risen high enough to bathe me in it's rays. All this in just an hours sidle from where I had first emerged from the snow laden bush.

.........The neck and head of a chamois appeared on the skyline, just fifty yards above my position............The buck was pressing his female entourage forward, pretty hard, they were now a long way off, maybe six hundred yards or more, filing through a depression heading north............... The ambush was semi successful, in as much that I had halved the distance between us, and arrived there undetected. I was more or less opposite them, but I only had a fleeting moment for a shot, as they were moving quickly......kaboomph, the buck jumped a foot in the air, as dirt and rocks sprayed his underparts, I had not held high enough, mayhem !......


Man you have to admire their agility and ability to eat up the terrain in a hurry, when they are under threat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

view from "Riverstone Cabin"

view from "Riverstone Cabin"
Hope River